STEM Assessment by NeoRobos
The NeoRobos conducts STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) assessment on an annual basis. Through this interdisciplinary assessment, NeoRobos strives to achieve two goals:
- Enabling the students, parents, and teachers to track the performance of the students through a comprehensive report.
- Encouraging more participation of students in different domains of the STEM.
The questions are based on real-life experiments and applications to examine the level of understanding. The curriculum is designed by the experts with questions addressing engineering, science, and computation thinking. The team has structured the assessment to precisely match the age group of the participating students.
Salient features of the assessment:
- The duration of the test is approximately one hour
- The test includes 15 audio-visual multiple-choice questions (MCQs) based on working models
- MCQs based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Detailed diagnostic reports for the students and schools
- Certifications and medals for the students
Student Performance Report
Each participating students receives a performance report after the successful completion of the test. This comprehensive report includes percentage, ranks, marks, and percentile of the student within the school and other participating institutions. The students also come to know about their strengths and weaknesses according to the learning objectives of the test. The report comes with a performance analysis of the student for each topic.
School Performance Report
Each participating school receives a performance report as a part of the result. The report includes performance analysis of students (grade-wise) in school and other participating institutions. The schools will also receive performance summary, standard deviation of school and other essential information in the report.
Awards and Certifications
- Grade toppers, who score 60 percent or above, qualify for medals and rank certificates.
- The students who score 75 percent or above receive distinction certificates.
- Each candidate receives a participation certificate.
Why informal assessment is not sufficient
It is crucial that the individual involved in informal assessment should be completely unbiased. Else, the result of such assessment won’t be accurate. Some students need to be motivated to perform well in their assessments. They are unable to deliver their best during an informal assessment. As the questions of informal assessment are decided by the teacher, the scope of analysis is limited. The challenges like these highlight the importance of a formal assessment.
Role of a well-structured, formal assessment
Formal assessments track the performance of a student based on a set benchmark. Because it is data-driven, this form of analysis ensures efficiency in terms of computing the results. Instead of a single individual, a team of professionals develop the structure of the test and reports, thereby making it more standardized.
Sample School and Student Performance Reports
These sample reports are mainly for representation purpose. The original report includes additional fields and sections.
Contact us today for curriculum, exam date or fee-related query.